he U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute mentions these potential signs that asthma is getting worse:
- Your symptoms become more severe or occur more frequently. Or they affect you more at night and interfere with sleep.
- Symptoms are causing you to restrict usual activities or miss school or work.
- Your peak flow number has decreased from your personal best, or your results fluctuate significantly from day to day.
- Asthma medications appear to become ineffective.
- You’re using a quick-relief inhaler more frequently.
- You’ve visited the emergency room or doctor due to an asthma attack.
If you have any of these symptoms, see your doctor without delay.